To get a more in-depth description of any term in the Glossary, as well as a list of articles that relate to the term, just click on the term in the list of Terms below. You’ll be taken to a page that contains the Term, the Longer Description, and a list of articles related to that topic.
Grandchildren are the children of a parent's children. That is, the sons and daughters of a woman's son or daughter are her grandchildren.
This blog is designed to address the relationship between parents and their adult children as well as promoting a closer relationship between grandparents and their grandchildren.
Related areas of interest may include how best to learn about how the world has changed since Boomer parents had their children.
Click here and you can order this blog for your Kindle, with regular posts weekly on how the world has changed in the last 60 years, so you can understand the world your grandchildren are growing up in and prompt you to share your own stories with your grandchildren.
In addition, grandparents-to-be often want to explore names beyond the traditional names of Grandma and Grandpa.
Click here to order one of our favorite books, "You Can Call Me Hoppa: The Grandparents' Guide to Choosing a Name That Fits."
Finally, new grandparents may want to prepare for their new relationship with their adult children as parents, the respect new parents look for and how to offer the wisdom new grandparents can share.
Click here to order our own book, "Who Gets to Name Grandma? The Wisdom of Mothers and Grandmothers", a series of essays based on 40 interviews with mothers and grandmothers about advice they would like to give each other about parenting and grandparenting.
- When Does a Heap of Sand Stop Being a Heap? Fun with Grandchildren
- Millions of Cats. Book Thursday.
- What Is The Whole Earth Catalog?
- I Want A Cute Grandma Name
- What Is Title IX?
- When Did the Movie E.T. Come Out?
- How to Make a Magic Square 4×4. Fun with Grandkids
- Did You Have Betamax?
- Weekly Recap. Sunday, June 2, 2013
- How Long Is the Mississippi River? Fun with Grandkids.
- We’re Going to the Moon
- Star Wars
- Who Invented the Hula Hoop?
- How Many Letters Are In Your State? Fun with Grandkids.
- What Makes a Good Teacher?
- What Did Your Mom Teach You About the Social Graces?
- Weekly Recap. Sunday, May 5, 2013
- The Golden Mean. Fun with Grandkids.
- Who Invented the Computer Mouse
- Who Discovered DNA? More..
Also see: Fun with Grandchildren