My favorite sandwich was and is a banana sandwich.
1. Slice bananas
2. Slice 2 green onions, including most of the green stems
3. Spread mayonnaise on 2 slices of white bread
4. Layer the bananas on one slice of bread and sprinkle green onions over
5. Top with second slice of bread.
6. Cut sandwich in half, lengthwise.
Enjoy memories of childhood.
I don’t know when I made up this sandwich recipe.
My mother put peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in our lunch bags.
Eventually, I started eating egg salad and tuna salad sandwiches.
And, of course, I discovered the runner-up to my favorite, bacon-lettuce-tomato (BLT) sandwiches.
BLTs are really good with standing-over-the-sink, fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes you can only get at the peak of tomato season, late summer.
Are you getting fresh tomatoes now?
After a business trip to New York City some years ago, I discovered there is simply nothing better in this world than a hot pastrami on rye from Carnegie Deli’s for the train ride home.
Find more sandwich recipes, like peanut butter and apple and peanut butter and banana, by checking out these sites:
- Foodnetwork.com by clicking here
- Allrecipes.com by clicking here.
- Simplyrecipes.com by clicking here
What is your favorite sandwich? When was the first time you had it? Who made it?
What sandwiches do you make for your grandchildren? What sandwiches do they find in their lunchboxes?
If you want more tips for writing down your childhood memories for your grandchildren, just click here to keep getting these posts in your reader.
To you and the yummy sandwiches and memories you make with your grandchildren.
Carol Covin, “Granny-Guru”
- What We’re Eating: Grilled Cheese Sandwich (joyceandnorm.wordpress.com)
- Sandwiches (expetesso.com)
- banana, honey and peanut butter breakfast (sunnynero.wordpress.com)
- Are BLTs Really That Bad For You? (fitsugar.com)
- Menu Plan Monday, On Tuesday (organizedsahm.wordpress.com)
- Reader’s Recipe: Sardine Sandwich (fitsugar.com)
- 7 Steps to a Healthier Sandwich (fitsugar.com)
- Twanglish Lesson: The Elvis (Sandwich) (real-southern.com)